Quick Spinach Basil Stir-Fry With Pine Nuts
3 tsp high heat cooking oil, like safflower oil
1/2 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 bags (12 oz total) fresh spinach
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash red pepper flakes
2 cups fresh basil leaves, torn
optional: fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- In a very large skillet, add cooking oil over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts and cook, shaking skillet gently, until just starting to brown a little, about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 1 more minute.
- Turn heat up to medium and add spinach, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss spinach around in skillet for about 3 minutes or until it just starts to wilt.
- Add fresh basil leaves, tossing to combine, and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top of each serving if desired.